Sunday, March 04, 2007

Amazing Grace

So this afternoon I went over to Troy’s place and he helped me upload some videos on my computer I had been having trouble with. After the video fun we decided to go catch the flick Amazing Grace. Contrary to popular opinions this movie is not about the writing of the song or the story of John Newton’s life. The movie in fact more about William Wilberforce, and his quest to abolish the slave trade in England. The connection between the title and the movie is that Wilberforce sat under the preacher John Newton who penned the song, which seemed to serve as an inspiration for Wilberforce. The Movie also indicated that Newton himself was very instrumental in Wilberforce’s success. The movie was excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys period pieces, drama , historical movies etc.

The only complaint I have has nothing to do with the movie but people watching the movie. You know those little shorts they play at the beginning of the movie about no talking, cell phones, babies, etc. they really needed one in front of this movie. There were a couple of teen girls sitting next to me who could not stop giggling, talking, and playing with their cell phone. That is until I said something to them. Then there is the guy that walked from one side of the theatre that was a walking slot machine or key ring or something. Oh well one bad experience I have ahead going to theaters is not bad.

No comments: