Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So here's a tip


So here is a tip for all of you out there, when people make safety recommendations take them seriously. I spent Sunday working on my jeep now that it has warmed back up and I spent most of the day modifying the transfer skid plate that came off of my buddies ’05 to fit my 97 Jeep. Anyway the point is that after cutting a bracket off of the skid I went to grind the area down and figured, “it is a small area no need for goggles”, boy was I wrong. 99.9% of the time I wear a face shield when i do grinding and now I think I that will go up 0.1%. You see it took no time for a piece of grinding to find it’s way into my left eye. After two nights of almost no sleep (the eye and the fact we still do not have air in the apartment) I decided to take a sick day and go to the ophthalmologist and it took her less than two seconds to find the steel in my eye. Unfortunately it took a little longer to remove it, then came the dremel to clean out the rust. bottom line is I now have a “hole” in my eye instead of a piece of steel and I get to put eye drops and ointment in 3-4 times a day. like the subject says, my advice is when tools (or anything) comes with safety instructions take heed.

No comments: