Saturday, January 20, 2007

Opportunities

So I have been involved with the Leadership Development Academy (LDA) at work for several months now and graduation is about 2 months away. One of the things the program has done for me is to cause me to really look at my career and where I want to be in the future, as a result I have been looking for opportunities to expand my horizons. As part of the Academy I had the chance to “shadow the Division Administrator of the New Jersey Office and speak with the NJ Bridge Engineer. The Bridge Engineer seemed interested in the possibility of setting up a rotation with me to come there and learn about the Federal-Aid side of FHWA, this is something I am definitely going to keep in mind. In addition I have learned of the potential for me to spend some time in the Bridge Inspection Program (BIP) of our office this summer. as part of my development plan I expressed an interest in doing a rotation in BIP and so i plan on talking to my supervisor about this. All-in-all things are going great here and I am seeing opportunities open before me, I just hope I can make the most of them!

No comments: