Sunday, January 07, 2007

Adam Sandler's new movie

So it has been quite a while since I have added anything here and I thought this was as good a topic to get back into it as any. I went to go see a movie the other night (I do not remember now which movie it was) but there was preview for “Reign Over Me”. The movie is about a man (Adam Sandler) who loses his family in the 9/11 tragedy and seems the only way he can cope is to do anything and everything he has wanted to do with a certain disregard for the “responsibilities of life”, at least this was my impression from the preview. One day he is reunited with his college roommate (Don Cheadle) who is a successful family man. It seems that their reunion has an effect on each bringing some joy and meaning to one’s life and leading the other to a new exploration of his life. All in all it looks like a great movie and I am looking forward to seeing Sandler in another dramatic role. Most people know Sandler simply as a comedic goof-ball in works such as “Billy Madison”, “Happy Gilmore”, “The Wedding Singer” and “The Waterboy”. While these films may be Sandler’s bread and butter it is films like “Punch Drunk Love” and “Spanglish” that truly showcase his acting talent. I hope “Reign Over Me” is just another movie in a long line of dramatic roles for Sandler.

No comments: