Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Cursed?!


Well I went back down to Jacksonville this past weekend for a friends wedding. Well, I went back for the wedding and to catch up with friends after 6 months. I had a wonderful trip down there and got to see many old friends and acquaintances. According to most of the people I had worked with down there, I was obviously happier than they had ever seen me. Truth be told I think I am happier than I ever was in Jacksonville; Virginia just suits me much better. So the trip was a success, I saw everyone, I rented a Mustang convertible, and Chris and Toni had a great Slip n’ Slide party.

I guess at this point you are wondering why the title of this post is “CURSED?!”. Well let me give you a background story. two years ago I went on a cruise and so I purchased a hanging garment bag to carry my tux and dress clothing. After finally making it into port (we were delayed 2 days and rerouted because of a hurricane) I went to pick up my luggage only to find that my garment bag was gone. I saw a similar bag lying unclaimed and so I got the information from that bag and called the owner. As I suspected they had picked up my bag by mistake and they were back in Tallahassee before they got the message. Fast forward to this past weekend. It is only the second time I have traveled with this particular luggage item (suit for the wedding). I get into Jax and I go to baggage claim to pick it up and I see someone grab my bag when there is another green garment bag about 5 ft away. They make like a log and split so I go to lost baggage and tell them that I think someone grabbed my bag by mistake. The lady working the counter makes an announcement for everyone to check their luggage and we begin filling out forms. after just a couple of minutes the other passenger walks up and returns my bag.

At this point I know that it is not sounding that bad, just a case of mistaken bag identity twice. Well on the return flight I decide to mark my bag so I tie a yellow ribbon to the handle in order to set it aside. This time I get into Dulles convinced no one will mistake my bag this time. I am so confident I take my time getting there and by the time I show up everyone has cleared out. I see one bag going around and quickly ID it as my overnight bag, but wear is my garment bag. After waiting several minutes I go to report it lost and they look it up and inform me it never left JAX. Needless to say they thought it was no big deal and simply filled out a form and sent me on my way. Well the bag was flown up on a later flight and was finally “located” this morning. I get a call that they are going to deliver it this afternoon. I get home from work only to find that it was never delivered. Apparently they were having trouble getting a driver to come out here. Well it did finally make it a few minutes ago, but I am really beginning to wonder i this bag is cursed!

No comments: